There were days when restaurant food was available only after stepping out of the home. Then came the delivery services that worked through a phone line. Now from ordering food to accepting orders to paying bills, everything is done online. Transition in food delivery services is done to facilitate customers through which they can get food delivered at their location. But have you ever thought to order restaurant food on trains online at your seat? It was one of the unimaginable things a few years back.
Thanks to the Food on Track Web App. After multiple complaints about the pantry foods, the e-catering service came into the picture and train passengers welcomed it with open hearts. In fact, the delivery of online food on the train has proven a boon for non-pantry trains. Because when traveling, especially by rail, taking care of health becomes a prime concern for travelers.
What Food on Track Web App Does for the train Passengers?
Food on Track Web App delivers pre-ordered and fresh-cooked meals directly to your train seat with its online catering service which involves:
- Delivery of online khana order packed in a tight container avoiding any spillage.
- Delivery of meals according to the train timetable.
- Bill/invoice is sent along with the order. Passengers can ask for the bill from the delivery executive.
- Contactless delivery is made sure by our delivery agents.
- When placing a group food order, you can customize the order based on your taste & preferences.
How to Get Food in Train from Food on Track Web App?
When hunger pangs disturb you, it’s time to switch to the Food on Track Web App. You can order food online in train to get it delivered to your seat. You can order food in three different ways.
Food Order Via Website
- Visit the official website.
- Enter the 10-digit PNR Number and you will be redirected to the next page.
- Fill in all the required details; name, mobile number, email id etc.
- Choose your boarding station
- A new page with the vendor’s menu will open on the screen.
- Choose your favorite food from the available options
- Select the mode of payment
- Sit back and relax. Our delivery executive will deliver your order directly to your berth.
Food Order Via Call:
Other than visiting the official website, passengers can also call on 8102202203 for placing their train food orders. Our executives will be happy to help you out and book tasty restaurant-style food on the train online.
Food Order Via Whatsapp:
The number 8102202203 is linked with our Whatsapp business account. One can easily text their order on WhatsApp and our executives will support you for online khana order delivery in train.
How is the Meal Booking Confirmation Done?
Following the completion of the transaction, the passengers and our partner restaurant will receive a confirmation email and SMS. In which, one will find all the information about your meal order. Commuters will be provided with a verification OTP, which the restaurant will use on the mobile app during food delivery.
How to Make Payment for Food Delivery in Train?
- Website: Prepaid (UPI, Debit card/Credit Card/net banking) and Cash on Delivery (COD).
- Mobile App: Prepaid (UPI, Debit card/Credit Card/net banking) and Cash on Delivery (COD).
- On Call: Cash on Delivery
Essential Steps Taken by Food on Track Web App to deliver Food in Train:
Food on Track Web App takes extra precautions for safe food delivery in trains to the passengers. After the Covid outbreak, our procedures to supply food in train have become advanced and safe. Some of the steps taken are:
- We have exclusively partnered with FSSAI-approved restaurants.
- No kitchen employees or delivery agents with breathing difficulties or symptoms; cough, runny nose, fever, and so on shall be assigned to food handling work.
- FSSAI requires all catering personnel to maintain personal cleanliness; wearing a face mask, hand gloves, and a head cover.
- Sanitizing the kitchen three times a day.
- There is no loose food packaging permitted, and all food items must be stored and transported in accordance with FSSAI and IRCTC rules.
Is It Safe to Order Food in Train?
As long as you are ordering food for traveling on the train from the Food on Track Web App, food safety is not a point of concern. All necessary health and hygiene precautions are taken. However, when ordering meals online on the train, passengers need to keep a few things in mind:
- Customers should ensure that the delivery executive is wearing a face mask and hand gloves.
- Sanitize your hands before eating.
- Remove the food packet’s cover and dispose of it safely when you’ve finished eating.
Which Meal Can I Book through the App?
The Food on Track Web App has partnered with 3000+ FSSAI-approved restaurants that offer a wide range of meals from North Indian to South India, Continental to Chinese, Thali meals to diabetic meals, Jain Food, etc, that can be ordered online on the train.
My ticket is not confirmed and is wait-listed. Can I book the meal on the train online?
Yes, customers with wait-listed tickets can book meals via the Food on Track Web App by phone or SMS, as previously mentioned. However, delivery will be possible only if your waitlisted ticket is verified at the time of chart preparation. Apart from placing online food orders for the journey, you can also carry food with you.
How do I add food to my train ticket?
You can add meals to your train ticket only on a few types of trains like Shatabdi, Rajdhani, and Duranto. For luxury trains like Vande Bharat and Tejas trains, the food price is included in the ticket price.
So, hurry up! Download the food on track web app on your Android/iOS device or visit our official website. Start placing orders for your next trip and make it more enjoyable and memorable. Don’t let tasteless food spoil your mood.